Sunday, May 29, 2011

Shortstack


Hello friends and family!!
        Here's a quick update for you.  As you may know, I finished radiation treatments on Thursday.  I had a big batch of mixed feelings about it, which surprised me.  I've been doing a lot of sleeping and I can tell that my body is busy cleaning house.  Go team macrophage!   I hope to play some flute today, sightreading with strangers, so I am just doing a quick update as my mind seems to have a limit to how much it can stand to process before I need another slar phase. 
        As I'm feeling more sustained energy, I will be returning with more tidbits.  If you have any wonderings, please send them to my email or post them in a comment below and I'll do my best.
      This morning I am briefly addressing some commonly asked questions, by providing pictures and captions....take care!

Here I am just after my final, 31st, radiation treatment.  In my right hand is my rad mask and in my left is a nice certificate from the staff and doctors at the radiation oncology temple.  photographer: Gale D. Lasky


A lot of folks have asked about my hair changes...here's my right side, this is also my surgery side.  Amazing how great it looks just 2.5 months after a craniotomy.   I'm pretty much a punk rock girl at heart in a Dead Milkmen way and now it shows even more.  photo cred.- GLD2
Left side, not as much as the right as this area had less of a dose, good thing too, as I'm using that side of my brain RIGHT NOW for a lot of things and so are you too I bet. photo cred- GLD2

Pop that hair down like normal and I look just like me, except for my tanning bed look, which should pass. 

         Thank you all for your love and energy, it matters so much to me.  I hope that you are all having a memorable to great Memorial Day weekend! 
 xoxox, 
Sara L. 
Rad Grad Class of '11




3 comments:

Kim said...

you look amazing! I miss you so much and hope we can catch up soon!

Terri said...

You look awesome. I love that you have such a positive outlook. You are missed at school, take care.

Zaidi Family said...

Looking awesome! And rocking the Dead Milkman references!!! Love to you!!