Thursday, April 7, 2011

Masque No. 1



       As somewhat of a medically induced shut-in and having a lifetime of being on the lazy side regarding hair-fixin' and make-up wearin', before folks visit or I leave the nest these days I tend to gussy myself up by being sure I've taken a nap and by putting on some face lotion.  My favorite, due to smell, texture and feel, is "Masque No. 1".  It proclaims itself as an "anti-aging mask".   A few days back it gave me a good laugh to read that, because really my big goal right now is to actually get to age.  
        Much of my current activities and future plans revolve around the goal of sticking around and aging, with the exception of this lotion I suppose.  If the stuff didn't smell so good, I might not use it because now it makes me giggle and think "...hmmm...I hope this isn't sending my body mixed messages, body, let's stick around and get aged (<--- pronounced ag-ed)!"   

        Here's a photo montage of some of the smiling faces who have come over to sit with me and take a few moments in the slow lane with me.  Not everyone is pictured, but this is a pretty sweet collection of the stream of the mealtrain and sara-sitters.  There is a multitude of folks who have sent thoughtful cards, emails, flowers, phone calls, treats, prayers, and good thoughts; I appreciate you all.  Thanks to everyone!
    Oh wow, I am really being spoiled by friends coming to visit me these days.  I'd never choose to have an exotic tumor set up shop in my favorite organ, but one positive is that I sure do get some Grade-A quality time with beloveds.  Resting necessities and activity limitations do a good job of slowing life down, which is a bit hard for me sometimes, but it pays off with the time that I have to spend with people who I love and enjoy.   Yikes, its starting to feel like Valentine's Day, ya'll!



       I've already become bored of television the last few days, I'm sure I'll recover and start putting some time in on some DVD's soon, but even though the world's events are quite heavy and sad these days, I'm on a great NPR kick again.  I've really appreciated being able to listen to Writer's Almanac with regularity again...here's a nice one I like from their website.  Happy Spring everyone! 
      If you're near, feel free to come over and harvest some of the tulips that are festooning my backyard, just let me know so I can put some lotion on at least. 


Sweet Spring is Your Time
E. E. Cummings

"sweet spring is your
time is my time is our
time for springtime is lovetime
and viva sweet love"

(all the merry little birds are
flying in the floating in the
very spirits singing in
are winging in the blossoming

lovers go and lovers come
awandering awondering
but any two are perfectly
alone there's nobody else alive

(such a sky and such a sun
i never knew and neither did you
and everybody never breathed
quite so many kinds of yes)

not a tree can count his leaves
each herself by opening
but shining who by thousands mean
only one amazing thing

(secretly adoring shyly
tiny winging darting floating
merry in the blossoming
always joyful selves are singing)

"sweet spring is your
time is my time is our
time for springtime is lovetime
and viva sweet love"














2 comments:

Anonymous said...

blogs acome and blogs ago
yours in an entertaining show
thanks for creating something fun
that brings us all a little sun

kbebesalem@aol.com said...

Ah, yes, ageless potion...we all dream about it and wish it to transform our future. Then you shared the wonderful words of EE Cummings, which are especially powerful during this hopeful Spring eruption. Thank you, Sara, for continuing to be such a touchstone of beauty and life for us.
Love,
Mamacita Bebe